Today, Josh is creating a Wendy's Baconator Lasagna from the GMM episode 'Will It Lasagna?' Make your own with the recipe below! MK # 053
Check out this dish in Will It Lasagna? GMM # 1880 - irpost.info/face/fy-lm-h-y/qmmbjtmx1ZzbjK0.html
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: irpost.info
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich!
Apple Podcasts: www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - irpost.info/soft/PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - irpost.info/soft/PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - irpost.info/soft/PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - irpost.info/soft/PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: irpost.info
Rhett & Link: irpost.info
Ear Biscuits: applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: irpost.info
Lasagna Sheets - 0:58
Bolognese & Bechamel - 5:50
Bake it - 12:10
Step 1: Make the American Cheese Lasagna Sheets
* 4 cups Flour
* 5 eggs Eggs
* 1/2 cup Milk
* ½ cup Cheddar Cheese Powder
* 3 Kraft Singles
1) Heat American cheese on the stove with milk and whisk until melted. Add to an ice bath and allow to cool.
2) Whisk cheddar cheese powder with flour then mound it up in a volcano shape on a clean surface. Add eggs and the cooled cheese milk to the center of the flour, then use a fork to whisk from the inside out, and eventually, when the dough starts to incorporate, switching to your hands and kneading that way for about 5 minutes.
3) When the dough is able to hold together in one piece, wrap it tightly in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes
4) Flour a surface and use a pasta machine to roll out the dough until very thin. Cut into wide strips, coat in some flour so they don’t stick, and reserve.
* Small saucepot
* Plastic wrap
* Pasta sheeter
* Cutting board
Step 2: Make Baconator Bolognese + Bechamel
* 1 lb minced bacon
* 1 lb beef
* 1 large minced onion
* 4 cloves minced garlic
* ½ cup chopped pickles
* 1 Tbsp sugar
* Black pepper
* 2 Tbsp tomato Paste
* 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
* 1 cup chicken stock
* 4 Tbsp butter
* 3 Tbsp flour
* 1 pint milk
* 12 slices Kraft singles
* Salt and pepper
1) Add bacon to a cold stock pot and heat on high. When the bacon fat starts to render and sizzle, add the beef onion, pickles, and garlic. Season with salt, sugar, marjoram, thyme, and black pepper, and sautee until beef is cooked and onions are translucent.
2) Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and chicken stock, switch the heat to medium-low, then allow to cook for 3 hours, until it resembles a can of Hormel chili on a hot day.
3) While waiting for the bolognese to cook, make your American cheese bechamel. Heat flour and butter in a pan on medium and stir until it becomes the texture of wet sand and starts foaming. Add your milk, 1 cup at a time, and stir.
4) When the mixture comes to a boil and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, add in your american cheese slices. Whisk until melted, about 3 minutes, then season with salt.
* 1 large saucepot
* 1 medium saucepot
* 1 wooden spoon
* 1 whisk
* 1 silicone spatula
Step 3: Bake It; Bake It Good
* 1 cup mozzarella cheese
* 1 cup medium cheddar cheese
* Squeeze bottle Ketchup
* Squeeze bottle Mayo
* 1 hamburger bun
1) In a large lasagna pan, add a layer of bolognese and bechamel to the bottom, then add noodles and bacon strips on top. Add another layer of bolognese, then bechamel, and repeat.
2) Mix your cheeses together, and when the last layer of sauce is on top, scatter the cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
3) Remove from the oven, let cool for at least 15 minutes, then slice and serve. If you’re a garbage person like me, you’ll put it in a hamburger bun with mayo and ketchup.
* Lasagna dish
* 3 spoons
* Oven gloves
* Plastic serving spatula